Bernard Tomic vs Alexandr Dogopolov
|Date / Time:||Friday 20 January 2012|
|Betting Tip:||B.Tomic v A.Dogopolov|
|Best Odds:||2.2 @ Stan James BET NOW »|
|Win / Loss:||66-9-88|
|view all Boris' tips »|
- This tennis betting tip comes from the Australian Open and the 3rd Round match between Bernard Tomic (#37) and Alexandr Dogopolov (#14).
- There is no doubt Tomic has the potential to be a top 10 player but let's not get carried away. He is still a young lad and with the pressure of the nation on his shoulders is not easy to handle.
- He did brilliant to fight back from 2 sets to love down to beat Verdasco (#24) in Round 1 but against a mentally tougher opponent, Tomic could already be out of this tournament.
- He again dropped the opening set against Querrey (#94) in Round 2 before fighting back to win in 4 sets against the American who is still coming back from a poor injury hit season in 2011.
- I think Dolgopolov will provide a much tougher test for Tomic and on top form the Ukranian is a tough player to beat.
- In fact Dogopolov has won all three previous meetings with Tomic and quite convincingly.
- In their last two clashes both in 2011, Tomic won the 1st set but Dogopolov won the next 2 by scores of 6-1, 6-2, 6-1, 6-0.
- He comes into the Australian Open in fine form having reached the final in Brisbane with fine wins over Stepanek (#28) and Simon (#12).
- Let's not forget the impact Dogopolov made at Melbourne 12 months ago beating both Soderling and Tsonga en route to the Quarter Finals.
- I think Tomic will prove a popular bet simply due to the fact he is getting the home support. However I feel all the value lies with Dogopolov and I will certainly be betting on him at odds of 6/5.
- Stan James are offering the best odds. Click on the link below to open a new account and get up to £150 in free bets.
Open a new Stan James account, bet £10 at odds of 1.8+ and get £10 free.