Alex Bogomolov Jr vs Michael Llodra
|Date / Time:||Thursday 19 January 2012|
|Betting Tip:||A.Bogomolov Jr v M.Llodra|
|Best Odds:||1.8 @ Coral BET NOW »|
|Win / Loss:||129-9-84|
|view all Hawkeye's tips »|
- This tennis betting tip comes from the Australian Open and the 2nd Round match between Alex Bogomolov Jr (#34) and Michael Llodra (#45).
- 12 months ago I would of laughed at you if you had told me Bogomolov Jr would be odds to beat Llodra in a Grand Slam match.
- However here we are and I am backing the most improved player on the ATP Tour in 2011.
- It was interesting to read an interview with Bogomolov Jr who said he now expects to win matches when he steps on court.
- After an injury scare in Doha Bogomolov got two good wins under his belt in Sydney including a straight sets victory against Troicki (#21).
- He breezed past Gimeno Traver (105) in Round 1 winning in straight sets against the Spaniard.
- On fast courts Llodra is an extremely tough opponent with his serve and volley tactics.
- However on slower hard courts like this opponents can easily pick him off and he becomes somewhat of a sitting duck at the net at times.
- It seems to me that the left handed Frenchman is more interested in doubles than singles these days.
- He is half of one of the best doubles partnerships in the World and often contends for the Grand Slam titles.
- His singles results have definitely suffered. In the US Open Llodra won just 5 games in his second round match with Kevin Anderson.
- After that he lost in the 1st Round in Metz, Beijing, Shanghai, Basel and Paris.
- Yes he beat Gulbis (#60) in Round 1 this week but anyone who follows tennis will know that means very little given the Latvian's record in Grand Slams.
- Bogomolov will be far more motivated for the win in my opinion and odds of 1.8 look good value. Click below to join Coral to get the best odds on this tennis betting tip.
Click here to open a new account with Coral. Bet £5 and get £20 free.