Ronnie O'Sullivan vs Stephen Maguire
|Date / Time:||Sunday 05 February 2012|
|Betting Tip:||R.O'Sullivan v S.Maguire|
|Best Odds:||2.2 @ Stan James BET NOW »|
|Win / Loss:||56-0-42|
|view all Robbo's tips »|
- This snooker betting tip comes from the German Masters and the final between Ronnie O'Sullivan and Stephen Maguire.
- The odds for this match actually defy belief. How can the bookmakers make O'Sullivan favourite?
- There must be a lot of O'Sullivan fans out there that simply bet on him regardless and there is no way he should be odds on.
- O'Sullivan is lucky still to be in this competition and was 0-4 down at the interval against Higginson in Round 1 and relied on a lot of missed pots from his opponent to get back in the match.
- He was then 1-3 behind in the Quarter Final against Matthew Stevens and again rode his luck.
- In the semi finals O'Sullivan was well below his best and missed an awful lot of balls against Stephen Lee, a match he won 6-4.
- At one point in the 6th frame neither player could pot a ball and it was almost farcical.
- Afterwards O'Sullivan revealed he had been struggling with Glandular Fever saying ""I'm just relieved to get though because I've really been struggling with glandular fever this week, I didn't think I was going to get through the match. It's not an excuse for missing balls but sometimes I feel dead on my feet. I was wiped out even before the game, I just had to try to get through it."
- That is not a good sign for O'Sullivan and another reason to bet on Maguire.
- Even if O'Sullivan wasn't poorly, 6/5 on Maguire would be a great price. He is in excellent form with 16 wins from his last 18 matches having won the last Euro PTC event.
- He has already whitewashed both John Higgins and Shaun Murphy in this tournament and eliminated in form Judd Trump.
- Maguire is playing some of the best snooker of his career right now and against a struggling O'Sullivan I can only see one winner.
- The true odds in my opinion would be reverse with Maguire the 1.8 favourite. Even then I wouldn't bet on O'Sullivan.
- Stan James are offering the best odds on this snooker betting tip. Click on the link below to open a new account and you could get up to £150 in free bets.
Open a new Stan James account, bet £10 at odds of 1.8+ and get £10 free.