Leicester Tigers -10 vs Exeter Chiefs
|Date / Time:||Saturday 03 September 2011|
|Betting Tip:||Leicester -10 vs Exeter|
|Best Odds:||1.83 @ Sportingbet BET NOW »|
|Win / Loss:||377-8-445|
|view all Howlett's tips »|
- This tip comes from the opening round of the Aviva Premiership and the match between Leicester Tigers and Exeter Chiefs in Welford Road.
- Exeter performed well above expectations last season, finishing 8th with 43 points, but there is still some gap to make up on Leicester, who finished top with 78. The Chiefs couldn't have asked for a more difficult opener away to the perennial powerhouses and last season's runners-up.
- Welford Road is a real fortress for the Tigers. Apart from Saracens, no side has come there and won since Wasps way back in September 2008. It's hard to see Exeter putting their names alongside Sarries on that stat.
- Although they are missing a host of players due to World Cup commitments, this is still quite a strong Leicester side. New signing Julian Salvi at openside forms one-third of a powerful, athletic backrow along with Steve Mafi and Thomas Waldrom.
- The backline also looks very dangerous with another new signing, Matthew Tait, on the wing and an exciting young centre pairing of Anthony Allen and Billy Twelvetrees.
- Leicester know that they will face much more difficult challenges over the coming weeks without their biggest names and will be determined to get off to a good start with a potential five points on offer.
- After causing a few upsets last season, teams will be far more aware of Exeter and know that they can pose problems if they are taken lightly. Leicester coach Richard Cockerill will do everything to ensure complacency doesn't become an issue and will have his players fired up to start the season well.
- Leicester won both meetings between the sides in the Premiership last season 37-27 at home and 22-15 away.
- Leicester picked up 8 try bonus points last season, more than any other side in the Premiership, which shows their attacking qualities. Exeter, on the other hand, didn't score 4 tries in any game last season.
- I expect Leicester to come out firing and not let up in their pursuit of a bonus point and it could be a long afternoon for Exeter.
- Take Leicester -10 points at 1.83 with SportingBet
Sportingbet are offering a £50 risk free bet. Join and get the best odds on this tip.