New York Islanders vs Minnesota Wild
|Date / Time:||Monday 10 October 2011|
|Betting Tip:||NY Islanders vMinnesota Wild|
|Best Odds:||2.0 @ Skybet BET NOW »|
|Win / Loss:||49-0-61|
|view all Pearceo's tips »|
- After a break from Ice Hockey tips I'm back and hoping to provide to big profit for followers.
- Although it is very hard to come up with 'form' reasons for tipping a side at this early stage of the season I will try my best whilst also adding some other reasons as to why I think the Wild will beat the Isles.
- The Islanders were shut out, 2-0, in their first game Saturday night against a very average Florida Panthers team.
- They lack leadership on the ice and they certainly lack a goal scoring threat, something which they have had to deal with over the last few years.
- The Wild on the other hand have acquired proven goal scorers over the off season, Dany Heatley has joined from the San Jose Sharks, Heatley has consistently been in the top 20 scorers in the league over the last 11 seasons and will relish the chance to take the Wild a step closer to meeting Mr Stanley.
- Their other major signing is Devin Setoguchi, also taken from the Sharks like Heatley.
- The Wilds penalty killing unit has always been one of their strengths and on Saturday they were 100% successful against the Columbus Blue Jackets.
- They won Saturdays game versus the Blue Jackets 4-2 and looked like a side that will cause problems for the best sides this year.
- Possession is key at this time of the year and a winning face-off percentage of just over 50% means that they will be able to build on the good work done by their centremen.
- Trevor Gillies is missing for the Islanders and he will be a big gap to fill, he commands authority on the ice and with him in the side would certainly be a tougher team to overcome.
- Overall I think the Wild have far too much firepower for the Isles who I consider will be looking like wooden spoonists come the end of the regular season.
Open a new account with Skybet and claim a free bet up to £30.