Seung-yul Noh vs Miguel Angel Jimenez
|Date / Time:||Thursday 01 September 2011|
|Betting Tip:||SY.Noh v MA.Jimenez|
|Competition:||Omega EM: 1st Rd Mythical 2 Ball|
|Best Odds:||2.1 @ Stan James BET NOW »|
|Win / Loss:||180-4-211|
|view all Arnie's tips »|
- This golf betting tip comes from the Omega European Masters and the 1st Round Mythical 2 ball between SY.Noh and Miguel Angel Jimenez.
- I am very keen to bet against Jimenez this week despite the fact he is the defending champion.
- That happened 12 months ago when the Spaniard was in fine form. Right now his golf game is poor.
- Jimenez is an incredible 48 over par for his last 5 golf tournaments.
- To be fair 4 of those were tough events including the US PGA and Bridgestone Invitational.
- However the Czech Open was not and Jimenez struggled shooting 9 over par for 2 rounds.
- Watching Jimenez that week it was clear what the problem was. He has completely lost his confidence with the putter missing a number of short putts.
- On a golf course where putting is so important I don't see Jimenez contending this week.
- I can't believe Stan James have made Noh the underdog to win this 2 ball.
- The young Korean is a real talent and has been in excellent form over the summer.
- Noh finished T30 in both the Open Championship and US Open and shot an excellent 69 on the final day of the US PGA Championship to finish T45.
- Last week Noh played very well at Gleneagles to finish T15 and he also had a top 6 finish in Sweden recently.
- Noh played great here last year finishing inside the top 4 and I expect him to be high up the leaderboard this week.
- In summary we are backing a 19 year old super talent. Long off the tee and great ball striking, to beat a 47 year old in awful form with the yips. Now if that's not a value bet then I don't know what is.
- Stan James are the only bookmaker offering this bet so join today if you don't already have an account.
Open a new Stan James account, bet £10 at odds of 1.8+ and get £10 free.