Africa Open: Chris Wood ew
|Date / Time:||Thursday 05 January 2012|
|Betting Tip:||Africa Open: Chris Wood ew|
|Best Odds:||36.0 @ Stan James BET NOW »|
|Win / Loss:||70-2-460|
|view all Tiger59's tips »|
- This golf betting tip comes from the Africa Open and the outright market.
- East London Golf Course has a links feel to it and the wind is set to blow over the 4 days.
- So ideally we are looking for a player who likes to play on links courses. That's easy, Chris Wood.
- Wood first came to our attention with his superb top 5 finish in the Open Championship in 2008 as an amateur.
- He followed that up a year later by again finishing in the top 5 of the Open.
- Wood played some lovely golf here 12 months ago at East London to finish 2nd at 16 under par.
- Also worth mentioning is his runner up finish at the Ibedrola Open. Wood dominated for three rounds but had a final round stutter to finish 2nd on a course which was firm and bouncy with strong winds, very links like.
- It might also be worth mentioning that current Open Champion Darren Clarke won that tournament.
- With the course playing short this week, low scoring is going to be a feature and that is where short game from inside 100 yards comes into play.
- Wood has been out for 3 months with a back injury but has been able to work hard on his short game.
- I read his blog at the end of November and he said "I feel like I have it on a piece of strong inside 100 yards". This could lead to a lot of birdie chances for Wood this week.
- Wood will be desperate to get back into action whilst many of the players might still be nursing a christmas and new year hang over.
- I feel bookmakers have made a mistake here by offering 35/1 on Wood and I for one will be snapping this price up.
- You'll find the best odds at Stan James. Click on the link below to open a new account and get up to £150 in free bets.
Open a new Stan James account, bet £10 at odds of 1.8+ and get £10 free.