Wolves vs Liverpool - Under 2.5 Goals
|Date / Time:||Tuesday 31 January 2012|
|Betting Tip:||Wolves v Liverpool Under 2.5|
|Best Odds:||1.72 @ Paddy Power BET NOW »|
|Win / Loss:||16-0-32|
|view all Butters' tips »|
- This football betting tip comes from the English Premier League match between Wolves and Liverpool
- Liverpool would probably prefer to playing against a Top 6 team every week. Unfortunately they have the joys of travelling to a precariously placed Wolves side. Both teams are under pressure but for different reasons.
- Wolves are now flat-lining at the wrong time, while Mick McCarthy remains odds on to be the next manager to receive the red card while his team are odds on to be relegated. Not encouraging signs then.
- Four points from the last 8 league games is relegation form. No home win since 4/12/11 beating Sunderland 2-1 and since then at home have lost 3 and drawn 1.
- To be fair to them in that 8 game period since beating Sunderland they have only taking a real beating once losing 4-1 to Man Utd, all other games were either drawn or losing by the odd goal.
- Liverpool’s topsy tervy season continues. They are now six points behind the magical 4th place.
- Superb cup displays against Man City in the League Cup semi-final and the 2-1 defeat of Man Utd in R4 FA Cup on Saturday contrasting starkly with their recent poor league form, only 1 point from the last 3 games.
- I believe Liverpool can only get themselves up for the big teams and the big games and struggle with the run of the mill grind of the Premier League.
- It doesn’t take a genius to work out Liverpool’s downfall this season, only Stoke, Swansea, Everton, WBA, QPR and Wigan have scored fewer league goals.Without star man Suarez’s 5 goals this season they would have the 2nd worst goal scoring record in the league.
- But while they are not prolific they certainly make up for it at the back with the second best defensive record in the league behind Man City.
- Wolves on the other hand always seem to score goals scored and conceded, with both teams finding the back of the net in 19 of their 21 league games to date, with only other fellow relegation candidates Wigan, Blackburn and Bolton shipping more.
- Under 2.5 – I know Liverpool’s last 2 away games have ended over 2.5 goals but up until these of their other 9 games, 7 games produced under 2.5 goals with 5 clean sheets.
Get the best odds on the tip at Paddy Power. Join and get up to £50 in free bets.