Southampton vs Burnley
|Date / Time:||Saturday 11 February 2012|
|Betting Tip:||Southampton vs Burnley|
|Best Odds:||4.5 @ Bet Victor BET NOW »|
|Win / Loss:||14-3-34|
|view all Westhamgaz's tips »|
- Anyone looking for a bit of value this weekend might like the look of the 4.5 on offer for Burnley to upset the odds and beat Southampton on Saturday.
- Burnley have been excellent on the road all season and currently sit 2nd in the away form table after winning 8 of their 14 league games. Only table toppers West Ham have picked up that many wins away from home in the Championship this season.
- The Clarets have won 5 of their last 6 league matches away from Turf Moor including wins at West Ham, 6th placed Middlesbrough and 7th placed Hull.
- Burnley are one of the league's in-form teams, winning 8 of their last 12 Championship games, a run which has seen Eddie Howe's men climb to 11th place in the table and to within just 3 points of the play-off places.
- Burnley's defence is largely to thank for their winning run, keeping 7 clean sheets from their last 12 league matches and 3 from their last 4 away from home.
- In Jay Rodriguez and Charlie Austin, Burnley have plenty of goals in them and those two players alone have already bagged 20 league goals between them.
- After a great start to the season Southampton have been struggling of late and have now gone 5 matches without picking up a win.
- At St Mary's Southampton have won just 1 of their last 6 games and suffered home defeats to 20th placed Bristol City and 21st placed Millwall.
- The Saints have now picked up just 2 wins from their last 9 matches in all competitions and they were against the Championship's bottom two sides, Coventry and Nottingham Forest.
- Scoring goals has been a problem for Southampton of late and their 0-0 draw with Birmingham in their last league game made it 4 games without a goal from their last 6 Championship matches.
- With all this in mind I think odds of 4.5 offer great value for Burnley to shock Southampton and really make a push for those play-off places.
Bet Victor are offering the best odds. Open an account and get a £25 free bet.