Schalke -1 vs Mainz - Asian Handicap
|Date / Time:||Saturday 04 February 2012|
|Betting Tip:||Schalke -1AH vs Mainz|
|Best Odds:||2.24 @ Bet Victor BET NOW »|
|Win / Loss:||14-5-21|
|view all Dempo555's tips »|
- The fourth tip for our European weekender comes from the Bundesliga in Germany. This game is between 3rd place Schalke, who are 9 places and 19 points ahead of their visitors here, Mainz.
- After the last few hours of research and updating my form files – I’m pretty much mentally knackered!
- So, this’ll be the last one I put up until tomorrow –unless I re-charge and end up having a late one, otherwise my judgement is going to trail off and we don't want that. (Don't worry, I've been dead set on this bet since Thursday afternoon, so it isn't a tired pick - it's just only today I've gotten round to the previews)
- Ok, so when you think of German football these days... you immediately think of Bayern Munich who have been the biggest force a long time, and you might now first think of the new reigning champions Borussia Dortmund, who look well placed to retain.
- Not too many people immediately think of Schalke, however, but I don’t think they are going to go away any time soon.
- They started very strongly, and we’re in a period of the season where the genuine contenders start to pull away from the chasing pack.
- Until Dortmund’s win tonight, Schalke were joint top with Dortmund and Munich going by points.
- At home they look just as good as any of the other title contenders, also. They are a free flowing attacking side and they are taking teams apart with consummate ease.
- They have hit their best run of form in the last 10 games, where only Borussia Dortmund have stopped them with a 2-0 victory.
- More important to this bet is their home form, where they have scored 18 and conceded 3 in their last 5 games.
- Mainz will have every intention of going there and giving them a game, and they will try to attack, and that’s pretty dangerous against Schalke at the moment. Against the top half teams, Schalke look at their absolute best.
- In recent home games, they’ve beaten 8th placed Hoffeinham 3-1, 10th placed Stuttgart 3-1 and 5th placed Werden Bremen were thumped 5-0.
- They’ve also hit 5 against Koln, 4 against Nurnberg and Freiburg, 3 against Augsburg and they’ve beaten Monchengladbach.
- They’ve scored 25 goals in their 10 home matches, and this is largely down to one of the most in-form strike partnerships In Europe, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Raul.
- The pair have started 18 games together, and keeping these two fit all season has been massive for Schalke. In the 18 games they’ve both started, Huntelaar has scored 16 goals and Raul has scored 10.
- There are only two players in the rest of the squad that have more than 2 goals, and you can see just based on that stat that these two are absolutely vital to Schalkes success.
- They are by no means carrying the team, but in modern football you expect your midfielders and wingers to be chipping in with bigger tallies and whilst they have not – you really can’t slate the amount of support of service they are getting from the likes of Matip, Holtby, Jones, Jurado and my favourite player – 18 year old Julian Draxler.
- Farfan of course can play in various wide and attacking positions, and all of these midfield players are firing on all cylinders in terms of their work rate, ball retention and chance creation – it’s no wonder Raul and Huntelaar are killing everyone at the moment, they’ve got a very young fit side behind them who work extremely hard – and I’ll be looking to see more of the same here.
- Once again, they are going to create a lot of chances for the men up top, and I think Mainz are going to be under a lot of pressure early on with the way Schalke will press them, and I think they’ll be forced back and at times be over ran by the numbers Schalke throw forward.
- That said, I do think they are capable of giving them a game, and going there and attacking themselves – but that’s exactly what we want, there’s a good chance they’ll be hit on the break and exposed by Schalkes youthful attack.
- The odds on Schalke of overturning a-1 Asian Handicap are 2.24 at Bet Victor, and indeed look good value as any kind of Schalke win would bring about a worst case scenario of our stakes being returned.
- Also - my results on here are far from a fair reflection. My website is http://freesportsbetting.webs.com/apps/blog/ and we are currently on a streak of 9 tips no lose, and whilst I imagine someone will slip up tomorrow I hope we can keep this going! It's hard to pick the right 3 from a list of bets to place on here - so come along and check the site out yourselves, guys :)
Bet Victor are offering the best odds. Open an account and get a £25 free bet.