Boston Red Sox vs Tampa Bay Rays
|Date / Time:||Saturday 17 September 2011|
|Betting Tip:||Boston vs Tampa Bay|
|Best Odds:||2.33 @ Bet365 BET NOW »|
|Win / Loss:||30-0-38|
|view all Yankee's tips »|
- This baseball betting tip comes from the MLB and the match between Boston Red Sox (86-63) and Tampa Bay Rays (83-66).
- The Rays have dominated the Red Sox of late winning the last 6 encounters between these two sides.
- In this excellent run they have outscored the Red Sox 41-12 including a 9-2 win last night in the series opener.
- They are closing in on Boston and are now just 3 wins behind them in the AL East.
- They have been in much better form winning 9 of their last 12 baseball matches.
- Compare this to the Red Sox who have lost 12 of their last 16 and it's easy to see why I am keen to back the Rays.
- The one worry is that Josh Beckett (2.49 ERA) is pitching for Boston. He has a fine record against the Rays and has been in good form at Fenway Park.
- I am happy to bet against Beckett however as he is just returning from a sprained ankle less than 2 weeks ago.
- Having gone on such a poor run it would be an easy mistake to make for the Red Sox to bring back Beckett earlier than they should and it's yet to be seen if he is 100% fit.
- The Red Sox will also have to make do without third baseman Kevin Youkilis who picked up an injury last night.
- The Rays start with James Shields (2.70 ERA) on the mound. Shields has been in excellent form winning his last 4 matches.
- He has given up just 3 runs in his last 34 innings including a 9-1 win over the Red Sox last Sunday.
- Boston are looking nervously over their shoulders whilst the rays continue to close the gap. Odds of 2.33 look good value on the team in form.
Bet365 are offering the best odds on this tip. Join now and claim the £200 bonus.